Starting counselling can be very daunting, but making the choice to come to couples counselling shows that you care about your relationship. People come to couples counselling for all sorts of reasons:
- feeling disconnected from each other in the relationship;
- not able to communicate effectively revisiting the same issues over and over again or arguing over seemingly petty things;
- resolving jealous feelings;
- sexual difficulties;
- working through the impact of an affair;
- working through changes in the relationship;
- reflecting on you and your partners compatibility and planning for the future.
Couples are welcome to attend either together, or individually. Sometimes one partner will come initially to discuss the situation, and the other partner will join them after one or more sessions.